Magic Eraser To Clean Grout

I can't believe how well this worked; you all know about those Magic Erasers that you can pick up really cheap at the Dollar Store; they work super-duper on black marks on the wall.

If you carry a small container of warm water with you and use those Magic Erasers on ceramic tile, and especially to clean grout between your tiles, without much elbow work at all, the grout comes clean. It is like magic.

One eraser cleaner lasted long enough, after dipping it in water to clean it out, to clean about 15-20 ceramic tiles and the grout in between. I picked up three Magic Erasers in a bundle for less than $2.00. This is a hands-and-knees job, but I have not been able to find anything that cleans grout as easily as this.

By kghornsten from Davis, CA

Thanks. I've been looking for something to take care of our tile shower. I've used the vinegar spray as recommended but hasn't done the job. I'm ready for a real solution.

This does work as I tried it on a small area of grout. I will look for the kind from the dollar store because the Mr Clean ones would be too expensive and I'd use too many....altho hiring someone to come in and clean grout would be more expensive. I love my tile and we have lots of it, but hate cleaning grout. Sealing it is only a temporary fix as it wears off after a while and it has to be done again and that's no fun doing that. I prefer light colored grout to dark but it sure is a pain to keep clean.

Not only do I manually cut each each magic sponge into 8 separate pieces, but using vinegar to moisten sponges is doubly effective!

Someone cleaning tile grout with a toothbrush.
Cleaning Grout
Home and Garden Cleaning ProductsAugust 24, 2009
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
Cleaning With Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
Cleaning Ceramic Tile Grout
Cleaning Ceramic Tile Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout