How Can I Remove Scuffs on Patent Leather Shoes?

I have a pair of patent leather shoes, that of course now have a very noticeable scuff mark on them. (It seems like the first time you wear a pair, the same thing happens)! I've heard that there's something that will "erase" these awful scuffs and bring the patent leather back to new again. Of course, I can't remember what the item or product is called.

Does anyone have any idea what works, or what I could be referring to?

By Gail

Best Answer

When I was a kid, everybody used Vaseline (petroleum jelly) on their black patent leather shoes, and I did the same on my girls when they were little.

Best Answer

Use a cotton ball or Q-tip and non-acetone polish remover. Saturate your cotton and rub until the scuff disappears. Note: Don't let the polish remover sit on the surface for too long as it may compromise the leather. Then wipe the shoe with a damp cloth and dry. If you want, you can then use a small amount of Vaseline to polish and shine the shoe. Hope this helps.

Best answer there is. Works very well. Love the Vaseline.

I agree with redhatterb. When I was little I had a pair of white patent leather shoes. My mom always had me treat the scuffs with vaseline then keep them in a plastic bag.

Patent Leather Shoes
Removing Scuffs on Patent Leather
Home and Garden Repair ClothingMay 3, 2011
Polishing Leather Shoes
Polishing Leather Shoes
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather