Use Old Catalogs As Mulch

Everyone complains about catalogs and how they clutter up their mail boxes. I say bring them on! First, I check out specials and compare prices for something I would like to eventually purchase. I love to window shop in the "wish books". Then I go through them for any picture I can use with my card making and finally I use them as mulch under my trees and bushes.

In a dry country such as Australia, water conservation is priority. Free mulch arrives in my mail box and I say "thank you!" Many would say catalogs destroy forests, and I agree, but until they stop doing this I will use this product to create and maintain my own forest.

By Linda from Australia

I also save the papers. It get's dry in Florida too.

saving money on mulch
Saving Money on Mulch
Home and Garden Gardening MulchDecember 16, 2010
Raking Mulch
Best Mulch for Repelling Bugs
Colorful seed catalogs to be used in crafts.
Crafts Using Recycled Catalogs
Buy Now, Pay Later Catalogs
Buy Now, Pay Later Catalogs
Picture of garden mulch.
Getting Rid of Mold on Mulch