Turn the Temp Down on Your Hot Water Heater

To help keep gas and electricity bills down, slow down your water when you take a shower. For some reason we think we need it on all the way. You can also turn your hot water tank down some till winter is over.

By April from Buffalo, NY

ACE Hardware sells a little gizmo its like a mini shower head it has an on and off switch I get wet flip the switch off, soap up flip the switch on to rinse Saves A LOT on hot water use. I also have water flow restrictors for all the faucets in the house.

One of the ways I try to cut down on hot water consumption is by washing our clothes in cold water. I've been doing it for probably over 6 months now, and it seems to work just as well as washing them in warm water.

Simple Things We Can Do To Save Energy, Piggy Bank and Electric cord
Simple Things We Can Do To Save Energy
Better Living Green Living Conservation WaterNovember 24, 2005
Hot Tea
Cooling Down Hot Drinks
Water Heater
Troubleshooting a Water Heater
Using a Water Heater Timer
Using a Water Heater Timer
Maintaining Your Water Heater
Maintaining Your Water Heater