Using Wheat Grass Tea

Someone gave my mother a big bag of wheat grass tea. The stuff tastes awful! You know what old grass clippings smell like? Well, that's how this stuff tastes! Does anyone know of any other use for this? Plant food, anything? Thanks for any suggestions.

Peanut from South Norfolk, VA

How about offering it to others via FreeCycle or Craigslist? Someone might appreciate it. Otherwise, it would be good to compost.

I tried plain wheatgrass and it was the same as you described. Then someone juiced a handful, and also juiced a piece of ginger with it. It makes it so much more palatable! Quite yummy actually. You could probably cheat and add ginger cordial or syrup instead of juicing some yourself.

If I lived near you, I would gladly take it off your hands, so if you do decide to get rid of it, please give others the opportunity to take it for themselves - please don't waste it.

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceAugust 15, 2008
Cat in wheat grass
Growing Wheat Grass for Your Pets
Little girl on the beach wearing a grass skirt.
Making Grass Skirts
Johnson Grass
Getting Rid of Johnson Grass
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers