Using Pre-Made Pie Crust For Dumplings

Has anyone ever used Pillsbury Pie Crust that you get in the refrigerator section for apple dumplings or turnovers?

Vicky from Canadensis, PA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Works just fine for turnovers anyway, don't know about dumplings.

Have used this and store brand for many shapes of desserts. Works great. What I found was I rolled it a little thinner.

I used crescent rolls, unrolled and wrapped on apple quarters. I put them all in a dish, poured an orange juice syrup over them, and baked. People raved!

Oh yes I did and it was great just cut the size you need and bake as usually. Used it for pies and just made and apple pie that was out of this world. When I make home made it is horrible but the premades are great and if you get the coupons that says buy two save one dollar that is good too. Special when they are on sale.

I would think that the pie crust would not work as the dumpling, when done, should be a bit more puffy. Maybe the biscuits, cut smaller would work.

I remember my mom using canned bisquits for dumplings, they were a bit dry but it worked.

I would think the piecrust would be too tender and cook apart. I use bisquit and cut them into quarters for dumplings. Some people use tortillas and just cut them in squares or strips and drop them in the boiling chicken broth.

Well I misread that one didn't I. You are not talking about dumplings in the sense of Southern chicken and dumplings but the Yankee type of Apple dumpling baked and cooked with a sauce aren't you. I don't know why it would not work. After all, it is pie curst you make to use on this dessert. I would just wrap it around pieces though and not the whole apple. Then pour the sauce over and bake.

Yes I used the pie crust to make a few turnovers. I just added some peach jam and my bf loved them. I did drizzle a little powdered sugar mix to make an icing on them.

strawberry shortcake
Recipes Using Refrigerated Pie Crusts
Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceOctober 9, 2008
An apple pie with a delicious looking pie crust.
Pie Crust Tips and Tricks
cheesecake with graham cracker crust
Dessert Ideas With a Graham Cracker Crust
Pie Crust Recipes
Pie Crust Recipes
Photo of vanilla wafer cookies which can be used to make pie crust.
Cookie Pie Crust Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 11:42:36 AM on 10.0.0.234 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.