Skye (Belgian Griffon)

Skye is almost 3 years old. We believe he is a Belgian Griffon. Whilst bringing in a road injured animal to my vet, I needed to put the critter in an isolation kennel. As I was doing so (at ground level), I looked up to see two eyes staring very intensely at me VERY intently!

I asked what was up with this puppy being isolated? The reply was that he was a street dog, very young with mange. He was of black skin with almost no hair and I loved him immediately. No one wanted him, as to their eyes, he was so ugly. Whilst walking him one day, a beat cop said he was the single ugliest dog he had eve seen. Well a month later, he came to my house! 6 months later, our vet hardly recognized him. All hair and bright eyes.

He likes to chew my slippers, what else is new right? Play ball and eat any vegetable in sight. I believe that poor critter had to be injured near my home so that I could find Skye. I know it sounds nuts, but?

By John from Beecher, Illinois

No, you aren't nuts. You can't be nuts with a beautiful dog like that.

Skye is absolutely beautiful! And you are his Angel. I think that it is truly wonderful that you looked at that pitiful little pup and saw beauty where no one else could. No, you are not nuts. You are awesome!

Meant for each other. Marg from England.

I love this story! Just goes to show that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So glad this sweet beautiful boy touched your heart, and now has a loving home.

Photos Pets DogsNovember 27, 2009
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos