To Top

Framing an Old Wall Mirror

Category Advice

My 16 year old large, wall to wall mirror has large black spots at the bottom. Where can I get a mirror frame that I can install myself? I would like to dress it up with something that could be washed. So I don't want to use paper or stickers, I have tried that. I have heard of MirrEdge but Lowe's doesn't carry it anymore and I don't know where else to find some. Thank you.


By miroir from Silicon Valley, CA

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in February! Click here to find out more...

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

September 29, 20090 found this helpful

I had the same problem with a large bathroom mirror. I took it off the wall and brought it to a glass/mirror store and they cut the bad area off. It was rather cheap.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
September 30, 20090 found this helpful

Use regular wood moulding - there are lots of designs to choose from. Paint it with gloss or semi-gloss paint. That will make it washable. Mount it with construction adhesive.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating AdviceSeptember 29, 2009
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
framed artwork
Saving Money on Custom Framing
Decorating a Mirror
Decorating a Mirror
Large picture frame.
Saving Money on Poster Framing
Father's Day Ideas!
Mother's Day Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by .

Generated 2017/04/24 01:28:55 in 2 secs.
Loading Something Awesome!