Buying a Wheeled Dog Cart

Does anyone know where to buy a dog wheelchair? My doxie, Zuzu, has lost the use of her back legs. There are lots of wheelchairs on the internet, especially Ebay. But I'd like to see it first since she is so tiny.

Pat from Coplay

I wonder if you can have your local pet store order one, then if it didn't work for Zuzu you wouldn't have to buy it. We have an older doxie, a tweenie named Zacceus whose back legs are giving out, he had a severe spinal injury when he was younger and we worked with him to get him back on his legs. As he ages, his legs are getting weak so we are planning to make a cart, we found a fairly simple plan on the internet.

If you know somebody who is handy, or if you can make things yourself, you might consider that. Dachshunds are so much fun and love their walks. Hope all works out well for you both!

I've seen people just use regular baby strollers for their older dogs.

Have you tried asking at your vet's office? They may know of a local company or store where you could purchase one.

BEST FRIENDS MAGAZINE Published by Best Friends Animal Society had an article not long ago about carts for dogs who have lost the use of their hind legs. The article featured a man who makes custom carts and also gave information about outher places to get them. Unfortunately I no longer have the magazine but if you contact them, they can probably help you. Google Best Friends Society to find their web site then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the contact us button.

Good luck!

The Houston Chronicle just had an article on a rescue dog that receive one as a donation. Here is a list of companies that they had..

Dewey's Wheelchairs for Dogs

Doggon' Wheels

Eddie's Wheels

K9 Cart Company East

Good Luck

Lisa K

Has your dog been checked by your vet? One of my doxies had ruptured disks when he was 5 years old. He had surgery and he is now 9 and still doing fine. Also there are medicines and crate rest treatments if this has recently happened. If your dog is older, is he overweight? Doxies just love to eat and tend to gain weight very easily which makes spinal problems worse. When my Oscar's problems first started I thought he was going to end up with a cart, he was that bad but many times the problem can be helped. Here's a website with lots of information on carts.

Good luck with your doxie.

3-Doxie mom!

Pets Dogs AdviceNovember 20, 2008
Durable Shopping Cart
Looking for Durable Shopping Cart
comtemperary wedding ring
Buying a Wedding Ring
Buying an eBook Reader, Someone using an eBook reader.
Buying an eBook Reader
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog