Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Boiling Eggs in an Electric Skillet

Can an egg be boiled in an electric skillet?

By Amie from Visalia, CA

By Amie [1]03/19/2010

Deeli, I wanted to let you know how the biscuits turned out in the electric skillet! They were awesome! My next project is trying to make a cake in the electric skillet, I've found a few recipes for it. They are pretty much the same so, I'll let you know once I've tried it and let you know how it turns out. I also found a recipe for making brownies in the crockpot, I'm also going to try that one soon.

As for the recipes that I had ask you for, any kind of Mexican food, Italian, one thing I would love to know if you've tried making in the electric skillet is homemade Mac & Cheese? Any kind of casseroles would be a great a help. Thanks again for all the information that you have provide me with. I am very grateful and appreciated it so much. Take care and have a great weekend. Amie

By Anonymous [848]03/18/2010

Amie that is wonderful news! :-) In thinking about it, it makes sense that it would take longer for the egg to hard cook because the water wouldn't come to the same hard rolling boil as a pan! I am glad you tried it twice! Hey, now we all know it works for certain and how much time it takes for both hard and soft boiled ;-)

I have dozens and dozens of recipes that would work in an electric skillet so just let me know what your favorite foods are and I'll be happy to send you some :-)

By Amie [1]03/17/2010

Deeli, I wanted to let you know that I did try boiling an egg in the electric skillet. It worked! Yeah! I did have to do it a couple of times to get it hard boiled. I first tried it the way that you had suggested and it came out soft boiled, so then I tried it again doing it a little different, I put the egg in the water and brought it to a boil, turned it off and let it set for about 20 minutes and it came out perfect. I'm now going to attempt cooking biscuits in there, I found a recipe for it. I'll let you know how they turned out. Thank you again for your help and advice, if you have any other recipes for the electric skillet that you might want to share with me, please feel free to do so. Thanks again! Amie

By Anonymous [848]03/15/2010

You're so welcome, Amie, and I am looking forward to seeing if it will work for you in your electric skillet :-) I've been there and done that with not having a microwave and stove/oven once (one whole year - yikes) so I realize the importance of finding alternatives ;-)

Deeli :-)

By Amie [1]03/15/2010

Thank you Deeli. My stove and oven aren't working at this time and money is short at the moment so I'm having to cook everything in the microwave, electric skillet or my electric BBQ. I'm going to try boiling one egg first. I will definitely let you know if it works. Thanks again for the advice.

Amie

By Anonymous [848]03/10/2010

I've never tried it but my electric skillet is deep enough to put the eggs in so they would be completely covered with water. My advice would be to experiment by seeing if you can even bring water to a boil in it, place in one egg, turn skillet off and check the egg after about 12 minutes. As long as the water will boil in the skillet and the egg can be completely covered I don't see why it wouldn't work because I just barely cover my eggs with water in a saucepan, bring to boil, turn off and take out after 12 minutes.

Please let us know the outcome if you give it a try ;-)

By Joan [13]03/09/2010

If you are talking about boiling an egg in the shell, like for hard boiled eggs, I don't think you can boil them in an electric skillet. They aren't deep enough for the water to completely cover the egg. It might work to make poached eggs in the skillet, because they are normally made in a frying pan of some kind, that has boiling water in it.