West Bend Bread Maker: White Bread Recipe

I have a West Bend automatic bread and dough maker. The number is 41063. I loaned my manual out but need a recipe from it. Does anyone have the manual with the basic white bread recipe in the very front where the instructions for use are? It calls for warmed milk, flour, salt, sugar, yeast, and butter. I think that is all, but I am not sure of the amounts.

Beth from Lebanon, MO

Best Answer

I'm pretty sure I have the same bread machine, but I can't find the number anywhere in the manual. Here is the recipe:

9 ounces lukewarm milk (1 cup plus 1 tablesppon)

3 cups bread flour

1 1/2 tablespoons sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

2 tablespoons butter or margarine

2 teaspoons dry active yeast

Put milk in first and then add flour, sugar, and salt. Cut butter into four pieces and place in each corner on top of dry ingredients.

Make shallow well in center of dry ingredients and add yeast.

Let me know if you need any more recipes from this manual

Best Answer

I have the manual and here is the "Old Fashioned White Bread recipe. For 1 lb loaf 3/4 cup milk (90-100 degrees)

2 cups bread flour 1 Tbsp sugar 1 tsp salt 1 Tbsp butter and 1 1/2 tsp dry active yeast. Hope this helps.

I do not have this breadmaker but how about looking the manual up online. You just might find the recipe there too.

A great place to find recipes is on the internet. All you need to know is what size, pound loaf your machine makes. One pound, one and a half pound. I try the smallest first to see if I like it, if that is an option. Always follow instructions (your machine) as to what goes in first etc. Also there are great books out there on many bread machine recipes.

I got a breadmaker from Freecycle.com. I was able to get another manual by emailing the manufacturer and downloading it. I did an internet search to find them. They were very nice and it couldn't have been easier.

White loaf of bread machine bread laying next to a bread machine pan
Bread Machine Recipes for White Bread
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Breads Bread MachineNovember 14, 2008
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
West Virginia Christmas Charities
Homemade yogurt in jars.
Using an EasiYo Yogurt Maker
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread