Caffeine in Pain Pills - Categories:

AdviceHealth & Beauty

Caffeine in Pain Pills

Many expensive pain relievers on the market claim to have a special ingredient. If you read the label carefully you'll find the ingredient is caffeine. Caffeine acts as a booster to pain relievers. Drink a cup of coffee or tea within 20 minutes of taking a generic pain reliever and you get the same effect for a fraction of the cost. Caffeine also acts as a diuretic which is why it's included in menstrual symptom and pain relievers.

By Lisa, RN

I have always heard that caffeine helps deliver the pain medication. What you should realize too cuz I found out the hard way, is some OTC pain meds contain A LOT of caffeine. If caffeine bothers you, pls read ingedients. I had the misfortune to take something...perhaps it was Excedrin when I'd already had several cups of coffee....man did I have a bad reaction!

Health & Beauty AdviceSeptember 22, 2004
little girl frowning and holding her ear
Home Remedies for Earache Pain
Relieving Pain from Bone Spurs
Relieving Pain from Bone Spurs
Using acupressure on a foot.
Using Acupressure for Foot Pain
Medication for a sick Golden Retriever puppy.
Giving Pills to Dogs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 9:24:32 AM on 10.0.1.242 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.