Food and DrinkProduct Reviews

Product Review: I Can't Believe It's Not Butter

Product: I Can't Believe It's Not Butter

Manufacturer: Unilever

A few months ago, I was talking to a mortician. He said the best product to use on buttering food items is 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter'. These buttery tasting products don't clog a person's arteries like margarine (oleo) or butter. The ICBINB products can be bought in spray, stick or tubs, all in the dairy section at most grocery stores.

By Terri from NV

Interesting comment by the mortician about butter clogging a person arteries. I think most people know how damaging butter can be but how did mortician determine what brands of butter his clientele ate over their lifetime and if they ate butter at all?

Anonymous

I promise I am not trying to be mean! "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" is indeed a form/child of margarine ingredients!

Thank you, but I'll stick to good old fashioned natural butter in moderation over man made fakes injected with plastics and preservatives :-( http://www.seri  eal-with-it.html

I'm with you, Harry. Despite a mortician's significant training and skill, I don't think analyzing the arterial clogging agents upon death is included in the program. I'll stick with small amounts of real butter, because I'd rather have a little bit of good taste than a lot of mediocre taste. I also like the dry flavoring "Butter Buds" -- knowing the fat I am NOT consuming for me enriches the flavor.

And I think I'll stick with the studies of doctors, which are plentiful, to learn what is best for my arteries.

I can easily believe it's NOT butter. It has the same awful smell of all the fake spreads. Give me real butter any time and I am 80 years old and still going strong - so far! lol

I like "I can't believe its not butter" we use it all the time. Its easy to spread on bread or crackers.

We like the taste too.

This one made me laugh. Isn't it in the mortician's best interest for the rest of us to not make the best health decisions?

I would take health advice from a doctor, not a mortician. Why would you consider that a reliable source of health information? ICBINB is MARGARINE!

I'm laughing too! It's in the mortician's best interest, which is your early death, that he recommends margarine of any kind! You've got to be so careful not to consume vegetable oils which have been heated to a high heat - hello cancer! Stick with butter, just use less.

Margarine is one molecule away from plastic. We have got to stop letting the big corporations manipulate us. If i want to sell my product all I have to do is put down the product that's being used. Margarine vs. Butter? I wouldn't be caught dead buying margarine, unless its recommended by a mortician. hahahaha, ok, I had to go there. Remember "pork is bad for you"? Now its the other white meat. Everything should be done in moderation, I guess even plastic. hahahaha ok, I had to go there too.