Shopping for Jeans With Nickle Free Rivets

I am allergic to nickle. I need to find jeans without rivets or ones that are nickle free. Can someone help?

By Karen from Brunswick, Ontario

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I think you can buy a nickel testing kit at hardware stores. Seems to me it would be a lot easier to just test a pair of jeans you like when shopping than to spend a bunch of time finding which manufacturers and which style jeans have nickel in them or not. Some cell phones contain nickel and people use those kits to test them when shopping for cell phones so I can't imagine it wouldn't work for rivets and buttons too. ;-)

Give the rivets several coats of nail varnish.

I'm allergic to nickel too. I find that since the rivets are all on top, I just have to wear underware so none of the nickel touches my skin. The only exception is the button over the zipper, which I sew a small piece of fabric on the inside of the pants, over the rivet. I have no problems.

Consumer Advice Product FinderDecember 27, 2010
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Making a Jeans Apron
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
Rivets on Jeans
Removing Rivets from Jeans
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 12:24:59 PM on 10.0.2.236 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.