Organize Tax Records With an Accordion File

Tax records were always a problem for me. I now use an accordion file folder with 12 slots. I use one for each month. I keep it next to my computer since I do most of my bills on line. When I have a receipt, bank statement or other important tax item, I just put it in the current month's slot.

I have also started a sheet of paper for each month, where I list the receipt and what it is for. If I need to locate a receipt for any reason, it is easy to read the sheets rather than dig through the file.

At year's end, I take the folder to our tax accountant and she is thrilled not getting a shoe box full of little scraps of paper! I save money on taxes because I never miss a deduction. I also lower my stress level at tax time, because I am ready to go!

Note: Cheapest and best time to purchase the folder is August when school supplies are plentiful and on sale.

Source: My own attempt to simplify life.

By Eiw from Lancaster, PA

Cabinet with Multi-colored Hanging Files
Organizing Paperwork For Taxes
Budget & Finance Tax TipsAugust 26, 2009
downloading a file
Deleting a Downloaded File
Cleaning a Vinyl Record
Cleaning Vinyl Records
Pile of receipts on a white background
Organizing Receipts for Taxes
Reusing File Folders
Reusing File Folders
🎉
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 8, 2016 at 4:53:04 PM on 10.0.0.42 in 985 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.