Potato Peels As Snacks

Usually I cook my potatoes with their skin on, because the skin is high in vitamins and fiber. But with tiny tots in the family now who have difficulty chewing the skins, I have had to start peeling them. I save the skins, crisp them and add them to the next night's meals.

This is economical for those trying to stretch the budget and fun for kids of all ages, who have teeth. :-) The crisps are a big hit and we can stretch the potatoes to go further.

By Linda from Australia

I saw this in the Tightwad Gazette years ago, but only tried it last night. The post there said to sprinkle with cheese at the end. They were delicious. I will not be making this again. I never throw away peels. I use them for vegetable stock, and compost them as well.

Can't wait to try this! Any way to cut a food bill is worth the try. It also sounds better than fried snacks.

Peeling a potato.
Uses for Potato Peels
Food and Recipes Recipes Potatoes Baked PotatoesJanuary 4, 2011
Lemon Peel
Uses for Citrus Peels
Composting Citrus Peels
Composting Citrus Peels
A box of Goldfish pretzels snacks.
Saving Money on Diet Snacks
Banana Peel
Uses for Banana Peels
🎄