Uses for Banana Peels

Banana peels have many uses around the house, in addition to their usefulness in the garden, from cleaning to home remedies. This is a guide about uses for banana peels.

My son had a wart and a friend told me to put a banana peel over it and cover with bandage. I did and it was gone in a week.

Stop buying leather/shoe polish. To clean, buff or moisturize leather/pleather/vinyl or any shiny outerwear use a banana peel. Simply rub the inside of a banana peel over the item to be cleaned and buff with a soft cloth.

To get rid of a headache, place half of a banana peel across your forehead/temples and the other half, press against the back of your neck. Lay back and relax and watch your headache disappear!

By Sheri S. from Macomb, MI

Fire ants have a nasty painful bite that can be mitigated slightly by rubbing a banana peel on the bite as soon as possible. Use banana peel as a fire ant remedy if you have been bitten by fire ants.

A fire ant biting someone's finger.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Banana peels have so many uses, but did you know you could use the inside of the peel to whiten your teeth? This is a guide about using banana peel to whiten teeth.

Banana Peel Tooth Whitener - woman rubbing the inside of a banana peel on her teeth

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Bananas are not only a quick snack, they can also clean your shoes in a second. Learn how to use banana peels for cleaning shoes in this guide.

Banana Peel

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This guide is about garden uses for banana peels. Besides being a good addition to the compost pile, these peelings can be an excellent fertilizer for some plants.

A yellow banana peel.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

What are some uses for banana peels?

By mmcostello from CA

Answers

Compost 'em!

I have never tried it but have heard of using the inside of the peels for curing warts and other skin problems. And I"ve heard of using the inside of the peels in a pinch to shine shoes with.

Here are a few others:

http://www.wome  or-banana-peels/

I couldn't resist! <*grin*> Remember the old 1960's myth that you could get high from frying, smoking or eating the inside scrapings called "Mellow Yellow". I guess I kind of have a warped of sense of humor!

I've seen people bake in banana peals on coals in a fire pit or on the barbecue. You put your fruit in then either wire the peel shut or use wooden skewers to hold it shut. Besides that, You can always feed the compost pile!

They are rich in potassium so they are good for plants. If you have a banana plant they really like to be mulched with banana peels.

Put them under the feet of someone you don't like, just kidding, lol. I really don't know. I just throw them out.

Rose plants love chopped banana peels. My dad used to rub the inside of the peel over his leather shoes to shine them.

Every time you eat a banana, leave its peel out to dry overnight. Rub the inside of the peel against the surface of leather. Follow up and buff and polish leather with the outside of the peel.

The banana peel contains 30 to 40 percent tannin, the stuff used in leather cleaning products. When dried, the peel makes a natural leather cleaner. The outside of the peel contains wax, so it gives the leather a shiny topcoat.

From the book "Urawaza," by Lisa Katayama
Urawaza is a Japanese word for household tips and tricks.

FIRE ANTS! Rub the inside of a banana peel on the bites -- stops the burning, stops the itching, and the little blisters will not form. You will not know you got into those sorry suckers!

Yes, rose bushes, just bury then in the soil around the base. I would think the whole garden could use them. Just make sure it's completely covered, the dirt and watering will break it down.

Add them to your compost pile. Worms love bananas and/or banana peels, and they aerate the soil and provide wonderful castings that plants love. You'll be surprised how wonderfully your garden responds.

Wow, this is so interesting! I love the info we can get here. I'm so glad for this site.

How do I make a sheet of paper using banana peel?

By gherrae

Answers

Anonymous

Banana paper is made from the stalks and leaves of the banana plant. If you want to make it from banana peels, you would probably have to dry out the peels first. Here are instructions for making banana paper using stalks and leaves.
http://www.ehow  anana-paper.html

How do I make a shoe shine from banana peel?

By Kevin

What are the ingredients and procedures to use banana peelings as a floor wax?

By Gimar from Cagayan de Oro, Philippines