Uses for Banana Peels

Don't throw out that banana peel. There are many awesome uses for the vitamin-packed peel once you've eaten the fruit from the inside.

Wart and corn removal. Place a piece of banana peel that's a bit bigger than your wart on the affected area. Secure with a bandage and leave overnight. Remove peel the next morning, repeat daily until wart is removed.

Fights acne. Wash your face and dry well. Place a piece of banana peel over the pimple and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Remove, but don't wash off for 20 minutes. Rinse off with cool water. This is also great for large pimples that are inflamed. The banana peel enzymes will calm the bloat.

Whitens teeth. Gently rub the inside of a banana peel against your teeth for a couple minutes. Brush your teeth to remove banana residue. The citric acid can help reduce the yellow look from your teeth.

Soothes bug bites. The polysaccharides from inside a banana peel can help reduce swelling and inflammation from bug bites. This is especially handy with irritation from mosquito bites. Place the banana peel on the bite for 5 minutes, wait 15 minutes, then rinse off with cool water.

Fights puffy eyes. Scrape the white fiber from the inside of a banana peel (as pictured) and apply it over puffy under eyes and dark circles in the morning. Let sit for 10 minutes, then rinse with cool water.

Stag horn ferns love these. Tuck them in the back shield fronds where they decompose and feed the fern

Oooh awesome tip!

Cut in 1-2 inches pieces and bury in ground by roses roots
That and plain coffee grounds will make the grow great!

Tip from rose grower from Bermuda

Yes, coffee grounds, and excellent addition :) Enjoy your blooms in Bermuda!!!

I have been using as a fertilizer for years in the yard for my trees and bushes...

Excellent source of minerals for them, yes :) great

Excellent article on banana peels, specially for my home-province of Cochabamba, Bolivia, where the best bananas are produced and we are top exporters of this fruit in South America. I love banana fruit, but now I will love the peels as well. Thanks for sharing. Saul J. Escalera, Ph.D. Emeritus Professor UMSS.

You are so welcome, Doctor :) Thanks for stopping by for the read!

with organic banana peels make a night time sleep aid. Boil water and let some peel (experiment with how much to suit your taste, I usually use 1-2 Tablespoon of crushed peel) steep for 3-5 minutes. It is naturally sweet so no need to add any sweetener but you can add some honey and it will not harm the effects of this sleep aid.

Drink a cup about 20 minutes before going to bed and sleep like a baby! I save my peels in a freezer bag, in the freezer to use as needed...YES, they turn brown and NO this does not harm the affects. GOOD NIGHT, SLEEP TIGHT!!!

I do that too! I put cinnamon in mine. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Also worked on my father when he had chronic insomnia. Was amazing!