Trouble Using Handy Stitch Sewing Machine.

I do not have a manual for my Handy Stitch machine. I have put new batteries in and cannot get the machine started. Also was I supposed to get parts for machine, like thread and bobbin? I don't think I can use the same size as regular sewing machines.

Please help. Or should I take someone's advice on it and just throw it away? I really don't want to do this as I think this would be great for small projects.
Thank you Mrs. P

By wcp from Margate, FL

Answers

Take it back. I never could get the 1 I had to work, good luck.

How do I lock a stitch on the Handy Stitch? I'm a dad trying to teach my daughter how to use this frustrating thing. Thanks.

By Big Dummy

I Googled and found the following links that seem to be clearly written, and I've included a YouTube link to a video that shows the operation too:

http://www.ehow  tch-machine.html

http://www.ehow  nstructions.html

http://www.yout  ch?v=G05dWewvEK4 (a five part series, follow the links to watch parts 2-5)

Good for you to try to teach your daughter how to sew with the Handy Stitch. I got a mini-sewing machine for my adult son while I was visiting him this past spring and he enjoyed it so much he is ready for a 'real' sewing machine. You can find a very nice inexpensive Singer at WalMart and similar stores (just under $100) with well written instructions that will help your daughter learn to use a 'real' sewing machine-my son can make his own clothing and really appreciates knowing how.

LOL, growing up he never showed much interest although he did appreciate the clothes he watched me sew for him.

Great idea Frugalsunnie! Great for kids going to college or back to college. : )