Bumps on a Coach Purse

I just bought a Coach Purse at a yard sale that had hard spots that look like tumors or blisters, though there is no air space. The seller said someone got water on it, but I've never seen water do this to a Coach bag. Any suggestions? I contacted Coach but they couldn't help me.

By msgyps from IL

Is it possible that it is a knockoff and not the real thing?

Or, is it possible that it wasn't water that created that bubble? It almost looks as if it was exposed to something that had a chemical reaction--a cleaner or some other liquid? Or possibly a heat source of some kind?

Hard to believe plain water did that.

I was thinking that it might be a knockoff too. I have a Coach bag (a gift) and it is very well constructed. I have accidentally spilled an entire beer (don't ask) inside it and it cleaned up like new.

I was thinking that it may be heat.

To see if it's a knockoff, look inside the bag and see if there is a coach leather tag sewn inside the bag. It should have a description of the company, leather used, and a serial number. If not, then I would think it's a fake.

Those bumps look bumps from warble larvae. But that's usually on a living animal unless these were there originally. North American tanners wouldn't touch hides with warble marks.

Home and Garden Repair OtherJune 8, 2009
Coach Purse
Stain Proofing a Coach Purse
Cleaning a Coach Purse
Cleaning a Coach Purse
Colorful sweater hanging in a closet.
Removing Hanger Bumps on Sweaters
Itchy Puppy
Puppy With Itchy Yellow Bumps
🎄
🍂