Cleaning a Coach Purse

You spent a lot of money on your purse and want to keep it looking good. This is a page about cleaning a Coach purse.

I buy awful looking Coach purses off eBay clean them up and resell them. In my experience this is what I have found that works best. If it's a fabric purse whether it's satin, canvas, or even cotton this product that is sold at the DollarTree is all you need. It's called "Awesome" it's yellow and comes in a spray bottle.

You can clean anything with this stuff; it's great. The label says dilute, but I use it straight. I spray the whole bag and saturate the dirtiest areas. I then scrub with a toothbrush. After that, I wash it in the machine with towels or some bulky items, then if the stains are still there, repeat. I've only had to do that once because the bag was really dirty. Once washed clean I pack the inside with towels to hold the shape. It looks like new!

I will also use a tarnished cloth to shine up the hardware. Sometimes the leather lightens on the corners. I lightly go over it with a Sharpie of the same shade. The suede and patent leather purses are a lost cause. Once dirt has dried on suede it is so hard to get out. I have yet to find anything that will take the black marks off the patent leather.

Coach purses are made very well so don't worry too much about washing it in the machine. It won't hurt it.

After reading the tip about throwing your Coach bag in the washer I thought I'd give it a try. I had found the purse as I was cleaning up after the last tenant moved out of the rental property I own. The purse looked like new except it was a little dirty. Since it was a found item I figured, why not?

I put it in the washing machine on delicate cycle with a couple towels as previously recommended, used cold water and Woolite and hung it up dry. It came out perfect; looks brand new. It is a sateen finish bag with leather handles and trim.

I'm "oh so rough" with my purses. I bought a second hand Coach ban online because I don't want the guilt of trashing an expensive bag but still want to look good. So for the price, I got a nice bag but it was pretty dirty. Yuck! But I can't complain for what I paid.

Just like the earlier posts, I tossed it in the wash on delicate with two towels. OMG, it looks amazing. Huge improvement. I used a little bit of laundry detergent and hung it to dry. Now, I didn't have much to risk, so it's your call if you have a real pricey one.

Source: ThriftyFun

I own a small Coach purse, it's not big enough for a make-up bag, so I thought nothing of it to put my eyeliner (pencil) in there. When I went to look in it, there was eyeliner marks all over one side, so I got a Q tip and put water on it, I then began to notice that it was coming off, so it started to use a towel to get the marks out, it didn't help. Did I ruin this purse? Is there anything that I can do to get it off?

Thank you.

Friend

Answers

By Colleen (Guest Post)

If a mall near you has a Coach store, take it in and ask. If not, get the Coach phone number from a department store that sells their purses. I know they have a whole line of leather cleaners/conditioners. They aren't the cheapist, but I've had my Coach purse for over five years now. You can't beat the investment. FYI--the Coach store will even change the brass buckles for you if you take it in. They will also clean and condition the purse right there in the store using their products. Hope you can salvage your purse.

On another thread, Colleen suggested taking it to the Coach store for help. That's one advantage to owning this excellent brand.

O.

By TG (Guest Post)

I asked someone who worked at Coach what is the best thing to clean the purse with and they told me Ivory dish soap. I tried using dish soap but I didn't think it worked very well. Experimenting myself, I bought a bottle of Lestoil from the supermarket (in the detergent isle) and diluted it with a little water & used a toothbrush to scrub the purse and it worked wonderfully. Try that. Lestoil is also great for hard to clean spots on clothes. I swear by it. Good luck.

By Erin Mayer. (Guest Post)

My coach purse go wet and the color ran on it. What can I do?

By (Guest Post)

Well I bought one yesterday and she told me to use woolite.

By Juli (Guest Post)

Well, first, did you try makeup remover?

I have been told that Wilson's (the leather store) leather cleaner and moisturizer is a cheaper substitute for the coach purses and other leather ware. It supposed to work just as good as the coach cleaners and moisturizers, but for less money. I have never tried myself so I can't give you an opinion on that. Good luck.

I bought a Coach small hobo purse in light blue and aqua from a friend. The really pretty white leather looks horrible. It's like she had the sunless tanning lotion on and it rubbed off on the white leather. I have no idea on how to get the strap white again. Do you think I could put it in the washer on delicate? Please help.

By Melissa C. from LA

I have a yellow Coach patent leather tote bag. Can someone please help me with how to remove the black stains? Thank you.

Here's a challenge question? I have a white pebbled leather Coach purse that the white has rubbed off with the slightest of touch. How can I restore the white color back onto the bag. It's turning a greenish color from the leather under the white color. With it being pebbled leather also this is a tricky one. I'm stumped and upset. The first time I tried cleaning it the corners and very front upper white starting coming off. I only used a wet micro fiber cloth and that's all. I barely even wiped it.

By Ria

Answers

Hi - I believe you must have a "fake" Coach as my daughter has one similar to what you describe and she can clean hers with no problem. There are plenty of fakes being sold so it would be very easy for this to happen.

A real Coach bag will usually cost between 300 and 10,000 dollars. Coach states they do allow any Coach purse to be discounted ( no idea if this is true in the US).
It is against the law to sell a "fake" but it is still done - many times at discount stores and Flea Markets.

Sorry - wish I had a solution for your problem.

I have purchased a patent leather Coach bag online. It had a few spots of dark stains that look more like ugly burn marks. Any ideas?

By Mary

Answers

Clean the area that is stained with saddle soap. Apply the saddle soap with a soft cloth and follow label instructions on the saddle soap. If the saddle soap is glycerin based then spray directly onto the leather.

Then put on a shea butter based conditioner using a soft cloth in circular motions. Do this twice a year if it is exposed to the elements frequently. Once a year otherwise.

Spray your black leather suitcase with a water repellent product designed only for leather. This will make spills bead up and not soak in the leather.

My black and gray fabric Coach purse has stains on the bottom and it's getting dirty around the zipper area. How can I clean it on my own?

By Adriana T. from Phoenix, AZ

Answers

I trust Dawn dish washing liquid for a lot of things, I bathe my dog to rid her of fleas and ticks, clean carpet stains, wipe off my leather couches. Try using on a damp washcloth with a few drops of Dawn and warm water. Be sure it air dries off thoroughly before using again.

I had purchased a used messenger Coach bag. It is navy blue, brown, and cream stripes in front, with cream straps with leather trim. The bag is in good condition. The chocolate is only in the outside pocket lined in a cream color. Is there any way to remove the stain without damaging the rest of the bag? Please help!

I bought this beautiful Coach purse off of Postmark. It is super dingy. The patchwork is a mix of suede, fabric, and leather. How do I clean it?

How do I get a smell out of the inside of a leather Coach tote? A probiotic juice leaked inside my red leather tote. I tried cleaning it out immediately and it dried quickly, but it still smells like that juice. How can I get it out?

By Sam D.

How do I clean the outside of my Coach purse? It is off white and showing dirt quickly.

By Juwu

Answers

I don't know about coach but Dooney and Burke has a lifetime warranty, and if anything breaks (or fades...I think) can be returned and exchanged for new (as long as they are still making that particular purse). Not sure if this helps, but check out the warranty if you have one.

If it is a vinyl or leather purse, try some Dow Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner. I have used it on vinyl shoes and handbags, and it works great. If it is a fabric purse, I would take it to a reputable dry cleaner to get it cleaned. Then I would spray it with Scotchguard to protect it. You could probably just use a damp soapy cloth from then on to spot clean it. Hope this helps.

I am at a real loss. Some how I got sharpie on my new White Coach bag. The purse is made from nylon and has a been "pre-treated" so not to get any stains. Every other time I get anything on it, I just wash it and it's gone. Not this time. I didn't put it in the dryer, but a little bleach and a turn in the machine did nothing. Please help!

Answers

Have you tried mr. clean magic erasers ?? My youngest Son wrote on his shoes wirth a sharpie. I used the Mr. Clean Magic eraser and it came right off..

By Charlene (Guest Post)

We use Sharpies all the time on laminated paper for my preschool class...all we do is use fingernail polish remover to wipe it away. Not sure this will work for nylon, but as long as it's safe for the fabric, it's worth a try (and not very expensive)

We use sharpies on resin christmas ornaments and we use enamal thinner from the hobby store (not nail polish remover) to erase mistakes.. maybe it will work for you.

I have a Coach poppy purse made from a stain material. How do I clean my purse? Can I stick it in the washer?

How can I get a hot pink lipstick stain out of my fabric Coach wallet?

By Samantha

I have handbags such as Coach and Gucci which I've had for quite sometime. On their interiors I have either marker or pen marks. I am truly hoping someone can help me get rid of them. If so, I would be sooo appreciative! Thanking you in advance.

By Dominic

Load More

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceFebruary 13, 2013
😎
📓
🐛
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf402872.tip.html