Getting Cigarette Smoke Smell Out of a Coach Purse

Category Odors
Coach purses are often made of leather and a prone to absorb cigarette smoke odors. This is page offers advice about getting cigarette smoke odors out of a coach purse.

I ordered a Coach purse from an individual on eBay. It stinks from cigarette smoke! Do you know how I can get this stink out of my purse without having to take it to the cleaners?

Answers

Best Answer

Stuff it with newspaper. Wait a few days. This is an effective method and cheap.

Best Answer

Baking soda will soak up odors. Set an open box of baking soda inside, close the bag for several days.

Best Answer

I would air it out in the fresh outside air for a couple days, then put a container in it with baking soda and charcoal. They would help absorb the odor.

I just recently got a fabric hobo Coach bag on ebay. The seller was a smoker, hence the bag smells horrible. Does anybody have a solution on how to get the smoke smell out of the bag?

By sha51978 from Bay Shore, NY

Answers

Best Answer

I used to put my leather coat in the dryer (on lowest setting) with a couple of bounce sheets only for about 5 minutes. This was after a night out when they used to be able to smoke in clubs. I hated coming home smelling like smoke.

Best Answer

Take a glass or ceramic bowl half full of Household Ammonia. Place the bag with all the pockets opened and the bowl of Ammonia in a plastic tote with tight fitting lid overnight. Next morning remove bag and air out. This also works to kill the smell of smoke in a car. Use a full bowl of Ammonia, sit bowl on floor board with the windows up overnight.

How do I get the smell of cigarette smoke out of a Coach bag?

By Amanda

Answers

Check this out: http://www.vamo  QCFU5o7AodkzoAAw

I have removed many odors from bags, luggage, trunks, shoes, etc. by filling with wadded up newspapers which you'll need to change every few days until the odor is gone.

I understand that cigarette odor is a really tough one and the newspaper might not work alone. Good luck!

Anonymous

Try Bounce Dryer Sheets. Someone told me that would remove odors in your shoes. Worth a shot anyway. I just bought one that smells a bit and I'm going to try it!