Tips for Cleaning a Coach Purse

I buy awful looking Coach purses off eBay clean them up and resell them. In my experience this is what I have found that works best. If it's a fabric purse whether it's satin, canvas, or even cotton this product that is sold at the DollarTree is all you need. It's called "Awesome" it's yellow and comes in a spray bottle.

You can clean anything with this stuff; it's great. The label says dilute, but I use it straight. I spray the whole bag and saturate the dirtiest areas. I then scrub with a toothbrush. After that, I wash it in the machine with towels or some bulky items, then if the stains are still there, repeat. I've only had to do that once because the bag was really dirty. Once washed clean I pack the inside with towels to hold the shape. It looks like new!

I will also use a tarnished cloth to shine up the hardware. Sometimes the leather lightens on the corners. I lightly go over it with a Sharpie of the same shade. The suede and patent leather purses are a lost cause. Once dirt has dried on suede it is so hard to get out. I have yet to find anything that will take the black marks off the patent leather.

Coach purses are made very well so don't worry too much about washing it in the machine. It won't hurt it.

"Awesome" tip! THANK YOU! :)

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. If there's leather trim on the fabric bag, do you still put it in the washing machine?

What about the leather strap or sides on a coach fabric signature purse, do you put it all in the washing machine?? What happens to the leather???

I washed my Coach purse in the machine on Cold delicate cycle with a small bit of Woolite and it was ruined! It is a light grey fabric Coach bag with black leather strap's and black leather around the zipper and I was shocked to find that the black leather had stained the fabric all around the outside zipper and now look's horrible! :( Do you know how I can now remove the leather dye stains from the fabric around the leather zipper trim? Idk if your able to see how bad it really looks from the photos? So bad I'm considering taking my purse to a professional to see if it would be possible to dye my whole purse a darker grey or black color hoping that way it will hide the stains caused from the dye run off of the leather when I put it in the machine!

Even though I regret machine washing this particular bag, I have washed a smaller light tan and brown coach purse before in the wash and it also had leather on the bottom of the purse and straps and it turned out BEAUTIFUL! Removed all stains from the fabric and the leather did not stain the fabric so I guess it's just the luck of the draw.

The AWESOME worked like a charm!

Can you please help me with removing wall paint that ended up on my fabric Coach bag?

Goof Off will remove the wall paint easily and will not fade your fabric but you will want to use it in a well-ventilated area and rinse the area you used it on the purse off well as it smells absolutely awful. It does work well. You can find it at Home Depot, Lowe's, Wal-Mart, Target, Amazon, etc.

It is a product that almost any hardware store would carry as well. I personally find the spray version of Goof Off easier to use, but if you prefer to use just liquid, get the liquid instead. Either way, the paint will be removed.

Will this work with a light colored patchwork purse ?

Nail polish remover will get the black marks out of the patent leather

Anonymous

I put a coach purse in a washer in a laundry bag, but the dye from the leather ran onto the fabric. Now Im trying to find a way to get the dye streaks out. Ugh. I dont recommend putting a coach purse in a washer.

Ladygreenbyrd, I did what you suggested and my COACH purse cam out beautifully. Thank you!

Hey I got one and it looks N feels like it's been sitting in water damaged and stinks really bad it's a beautiful purse and the zipper looks as if there mold on it and I can't get the zipper to zip if u could please email me back maybe I can send u a picture of it so u will no what I can do thank u for ur time hope u have a blessed day

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceSeptember 15, 2015
🌻
📓
🎂