Eyeliner on a Coach Purse

I own a small Coach purse, it's not big enough for a make-up bag, so I thought nothing of it to put my eyeliner (pencil) in there. When I went to look in it, there was eyeliner marks all over one side, so I got a Q tip and put water on it, I then began to notice that it was coming off, so it started to use a towel to get the marks out, it didn't help. Did I ruin this purse? Is there anything that I can do to get it off?

Thank you.

Friend

By Colleen (Guest Post)

If a mall near you has a Coach store, take it in and ask. If not, get the Coach phone number from a department store that sells their purses. I know they have a whole line of leather cleaners/conditioners. They aren't the cheapist, but I've had my Coach purse for over five years now. You can't beat the investment. FYI--the Coach store will even change the brass buckles for you if you take it in. They will also clean and condition the purse right there in the store using their products. Hope you can salvage your purse.

On another thread, Colleen suggested taking it to the Coach store for help. That's one advantage to owning this excellent brand.

O.

By TG (Guest Post)

I asked someone who worked at Coach what is the best thing to clean the purse with and they told me Ivory dish soap. I tried using dish soap but I didn't think it worked very well. Experimenting myself, I bought a bottle of Lestoil from the supermarket (in the detergent isle) and diluted it with a little water & used a toothbrush to scrub the purse and it worked wonderfully. Try that. Lestoil is also great for hard to clean spots on clothes. I swear by it. Good luck.

By Erin Mayer. (Guest Post)

My coach purse go wet and the color ran on it. What can I do?

By (Guest Post)

Well I bought one yesterday and she told me to use woolite.

By Juli (Guest Post)

Well, first, did you try makeup remover?

I have been told that Wilson's (the leather store) leather cleaner and moisturizer is a cheaper substitute for the coach purses and other leather ware. It supposed to work just as good as the coach cleaners and moisturizers, but for less money. I have never tried myself so I can't give you an opinion on that. Good luck.