60th Birthday Gift Ideas

Do you have a suggestion for a really nice birthday gift for woman turning 60? Thanks.

By Susan from Tampa, FL

It comes down to two things. What she likes and what she would like to have. If she has collected something in the past or decorates with a particular thing she will like it. If she hasn't seen family in a while or some of the family is too far away then a scrap book with current pictures of everyone in the family will be very special. People too far away will be able to send you pictures via internet or mail.

Take him on a weekend out,to watch a game that he likes. To watch a movie. Just a drive to No where and spend time together.

I could use some suggestions for a birthday gift for my spouse. You all know the kind, the one who doesn't need a thing! He's turning 60 next month, and I'm just at a loss. He tells me not to get him anything, but I know he'll be disappointed if there's nothing to open. He reads a lot of military history books, loves aviation, but has more than he needs.

Any help or suggestions? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!
Maggie from VA

Answers:

60th Birthday Gift Ideas

My Dh doesn't need or want anything either. We've settled on a couple of expensive gift wrapped candy bars in dark chocolate. I was buying him a large box of candy, but he couldn't stop eating it, so he told me to just make it a few pieces instead. (08/09/2005)

By Holly

60th Birthday Gift Ideas

How about a magazine subscription, tickets to an event, or a donation to a charity that means something to him. If you do a charity or tickets, put the ticket or gift card inside something small, like a bottle of cologne, a favorite treat, tied on a bottle of ?. (08/09/2005)

60th Birthday Gift Ideas

Okay, this is something I was/am going to do for my dh someday. I thought about it, bought the book, but haven't sat down and done it. Anyway, how about buying a journal, either a plain one and decorate it, or one that looks "manly" and simply write down memories you have of things he has done for you or the kids or memories you have of you two together. You could also contact his friends, relatives, people from his past, etc. and have them send him a card or write him a note and send it to you to be presented to him on his birthday. (08/09/2005)

By Rebecca

60th Birthday Gift Ideas

What about a flying lesson. My niece went to our local airport and had an introductory lesson for less than $100.00. (08/10/2005)

By austin95mom

60th Birthday Gift Ideas

How about gift cards to a local coffee house, book store, a gift certificate for a massage done by a professional, or a day pass for a spa, gift certificate for an expensive restaurant or a bed and breakfast in the next town or someplace you've been intending on going? (08/10/2005)

By badwater

60th Birthday Gift Ideas

Our local airport offers biplane rides. There are places that offer tandem skydives (i.e. no training, you're attached to someone experienced) around here, too. Both would offer unforgettable experiences! (08/17/2005)