Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Freezing Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

Can homemade chicken noodle soup be frozen? Would it be best to freeze the noodles separately?

By mama22 from WV

Best Feedback

This feedback has been rated the best for this article.

By jean leiner [12]08/17/2011

You can freeze the soup in freezer bags or in containers in one serving or family serving sizes. Noodles become mushy in the freezer, so don't freeze them. Freeze the broth and vegetables, and add noodles when you thaw it.

You can cook the noodles in water and add, or cook them in the broth. Just be aware that the noodles soak up a lot of broth. It depends on whether you want a lot of broth in your sou . Personally, I cook them separately and add the hot drained noodles to the hot broth. Hope this is helpful.

Recent Feedback

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By mama22 [17]08/26/2011

I think I will freeze the broth and vegetables. Then make the noodles and freeze them.

Thanks for the answers.

By Elaine D. [9]08/19/2011

I cool it and freeze it with the noodles in it and it's delish! You can freeze it without the noodles or freeze the noodles in a separate container, I've done it both ways and it's been fine.

By Abby [1]08/18/2011

I agree with not freezing noodles-they do turn gross and mushy. I don't freeze "soups" but do freeze homeade chicken broth so when it comes time to make soup all I have to do is add fresh veggies and meat to simmering broth after it has been thawed.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to post feedback.