Freezing Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

Can homemade chicken noodle soup be frozen? Would it be best to freeze the noodles separately?

By mama22 from WV

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

You can freeze the soup in freezer bags or in containers in one serving or family serving sizes. Noodles become mushy in the freezer, so don't freeze them. Freeze the broth and vegetables, and add noodles when you thaw it.

You can cook the noodles in water and add, or cook them in the broth. Just be aware that the noodles soak up a lot of broth. It depends on whether you want a lot of broth in your sou . Personally, I cook them separately and add the hot drained noodles to the hot broth. Hope this is helpful.

I agree with not freezing noodles-they do turn gross and mushy. I don't freeze "soups" but do freeze homeade chicken broth so when it comes time to make soup all I have to do is add fresh veggies and meat to simmering broth after it has been thawed.

I cool it and freeze it with the noodles in it and it's delish! You can freeze it without the noodles or freeze the noodles in a separate container, I've done it both ways and it's been fine.

I think I will freeze the broth and vegetables. Then make the noodles and freeze them.

Thanks for the answers.

Answer

Freezing Soup
Freezing Soup
Food and Recipes Freezing SoupAugust 16, 2011
A bowl of hearty chicken noodle soup.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Chicken and Rice Soup
Chicken and Rice Soup Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 5:00:43 PM on 10.0.2.109 in 864 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.