Recycled Bedspread Crafts

I bought a printed, ruffled bedspread, which I suspect is about 40 years old, for $1 at the thrift shop. In good shape, it was a little faded, which made me not want to use it on the bed, but gave it a sort of "vintage" patina. I took it apart and made several matching items to perk up my bedroom. It was fun to see how far I could make that dollar stretch! I have enough fabric left to make a few accent pillows. It was twin-sized. Sometimes you can find two matching twins, which would really give you something to work with!

Approximate Time: Various

• used bedspread (mine was a twin)
  • baskets of desired sizes
  • tray
  • journal
  • jar(s) with lid(s)
  • pillow forms (not shown)
  • hot glue
  • white glue
  • ribbon, trims

Instructions:

Lined Baskets:

1. Place fabric in basket, leaving an and extra inch to turn under. Trim.

2. Cut "darts" in corners (or every few inches if basket is round).
  3. Hot glue fabric in place, starting with the bottom. Turn under raw edges to meet with top of basket.
  4. Add ribbon bows if desired.

Jewelry Tray:

1. Use a tray made of porous material, such as wood. Cut fabric about an inch larger than tray.
  2. Wet fabric and wring out.
  3. With foam paint brush, paint glue on front of tray.
  4. Attach fabric, removing bubbles. Add glue around edge on other side and press down raw edges.
  5. After 48 hours, seal with varnish.

Pretty Jars:

With a vintage jar, I used the same method for covering the lid as I did for the tray and then trimmed the raw edge with ribbon.

Valance: I made this by removing one whole long side of the bedspread, keeping ruffle attached and adding a rod pocket at the top.

Hope Chest Cover: I used the other long side of the spread and just hemmed the raw edge.

'Nite Notes' Journal: Cut a motif from the fabric, attach with hot glue, add title with 3-D paint.

By Cindy from Waynesburg, PA

All are just beautiful, you did a wonderous job on it all, how lovely.

they are so pretty, what great ideas to share. thank you

What an awesome idea! Thank you for sharing with us!

God Bless,

Sheila in Cocoa, FL

STUNNING!! I love to get thrift shop linens and remake. You did an outstanding job. I love the Shabby Chic look as well!!

This is a fabulous idea, and so pretty. What insight you must have to think of doing this. Makes me want to try something "new" for my bedroom also.

You lucked out BIGtime with your dollar!

It's so cool to get a good deal that way - at least every once in awhile -- it really picks up the spirits I do know!

+ you have thriftyfun to post it to to share your excitement !

Your accessories are charming !

I THINK THIS IS A FAB IDEA! I LIVE IN GREECE AND WE DON'T HAVE ANY SECOND-HAND SHOPS HERE AND I'LL TELL YOU, I SURE MISS THE GREAT DEALS I FOUND WHEN I WAS IN THE STATES.

I BOUGHT A PRETTY INDIA GAUZE DRESS YEARS AGO (IT WAS AN EMOTIONAL BUY AS I DON'T WEAR DRESSES) SO I GOT IT OUT AND CUT IT UP AND DID LOTS OF THINGS WITH IT SUCH AS: COVERED A PLASTIC TISSUE BOX, COVERED A WOODEN IKEA MIRROR, COVERED MY ADDRESS BOOK, ETC. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE TIPS.

Very nice use of every bit of that spread WTG!

Looks beautiful!

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!

As much as I love to craft, you have gotten me beat. lol

I have decopauged trays with fabric, but never thought about the other items. They are absolutely beautiful. You have really given me some good ideas. Wow, all for just a dollar. Please share any more of your crafting ideas with us, they are awesome.

Crafts Made from Recycled Bedspreads, Shoulder bag made from recycled chenille bedspread.
Crafts Made from Recycled Bedspreads
Crafts Home Decor BedroomJune 13, 2008
Making a Yo Yo Bedspread
Making a Yo Yo Bedspread
Handmade wine cork corkboard
Recycled Wine Cork Bulletin Board
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows
🎄