Shelby the Cat

Shelby is 1 1/2 years old and is an American Shorthair mix. I like to joke that I got Shelby at Wal-Mart because a friend of mine found him trotting through the parking lot there at about 6 weeks old and brought him home to me! I'd wanted a kitten for a while and we immediately became good buddies through bouts of fleas, ear mites, and gastroenteritis! I've had him since November 2006, and he really is a sweet, smart boy.

Shelby the Cat

Shelby is an adventuresome boy (here's a picture of him exploring our washing machine) and likes meeting new people, who are thoroughly sniffed. He chases laser pointers and flashlight beams, and watches the world from his cat tower. When he's in lazy mode, he loves to sprawl out in the sunshine in our dining room. My other cat, Nimbus, is his best friend, and they nap, groom, and play together.

Shelby the Cat

Shelby is very smart and knows the meaning of several words: treat, food, Mama, and clippers (I don't declaw and he dreads having his toenails trimmed sometimes!).

Also, I'm not sure if it's because Shelby was so small when I got him or not, but when he is in his "comfort zone" (usually on my lap) he likes to suck the fur on his belly like he's nursing again. People never believe this until they see it!

Shelby the Cat

He always checks on me when I'm home sick and keeps me company on the bed, and no bug is safe in our home with fearless Shelby on the prowl to meow and "purrrum" until we take care of the insect he's found! We love him very much and he's like a child to me.

By Melody from El Dorado, AR

Shelby the Cat

He is precious! Both you and he are lucky to have each other.

Your boy has such pretty markings on his tummy.

What a sweet kitty cat. Before you bring another cat in to your home, make sure they are aides and leukemia free. I found a beautiful, sweet young cat, not even a year old and pregnant! My vet tested her and she had aides and leukemia. Since I had two healthy indoor cats, I could not take her. She had to be put to sleep. She will always be with her kittens, and at peace, buried among my flowers. I wish more people would be responsible for their pets! Spay and neuter them, keep them up to date with their shots. If you can't be a responsible pet owner, get a goldfish, better yet get a stuffed animal.

What a gorgeous boy. He looks like my Bones Baby. I have 15 cats and most are rescue. I love your pics.

what a beautiful cat.. I too am a cat lover and have 2 babies of my own...they are always knwing when I am ill and bring more comfort than I could ever give to them...they play like yours does and brings much happiness to my world...congtras in being found to one another...what luck for the both of you!!!!!!!

Beautiful kitty. Reminds me of my precious Seti, gone these many years.

Your cat sure looks like a "Bengal" to me. My son has one and it was over $500!!!!!!!!! Lucky find!! Beautiful cat!

What a beauty!! He's absolutely gorgeous! Love his colors! Almost looks like my angel, Destiny. Cats are so special, I love 'em!! (Now if I could get just convince my HUSBAND that they're not so bad!!) lol

You do have a beautiful cat, similar to one I have, but please be very careful when he gets into the washer or "Dread" the dryer. I had one who used to enjoy both and unfortunately took a ride in the dryer after hiding under some wet clothes one day when I thought he was outside.

Shelby is absolutely beautiful. Reminds me of my Sami. I found her at about 7 to 10 days old. For many years she nursed on my neck, I think similar to his fur suckling. It brought me great joy that she found so much comfort with me. She's still with me and her brother Harry today, however, she is in total renal failure. Found out about it 10 years ago, but we're still hanging in. Much luck and love to you both.

Oh what a happy lil guy! Love the washing machine

one. Nothing like being loved by a cat.

He is handsome looks like my first found cat

I dragged home at age 8 and we became

cat 'savers' is what my dad called us.

My AllieMae used to suckle on the fringes of a

wool lap blankie I had. We got her as a tiny

lil thing that was tossed out in trash.

Give your handsome Shelby many kitty loves from me and my doggie.

=^..^=

Photos Pets CatsAugust 12, 2008
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Cat Meowing
Preventing A Cat From Meowing
Girl with her has face painted like a black cat.
Making a Cat Costume
🎉
🎄