Laughter Therapy - Categories:

Home RemediesHealth & Beauty

Laughter Therapy

If you're a victim of depression, tension headaches, the common cold, or even a more serious illness, use a treatment some doctors use-a good belly laugh. Experts now recognize that humor is therapeutic, especially when it's positive and shows an appreciation of the paradoxes and absurdities of life. It enhances respiration and lowers carbon dioxide levels in the blood. It's a good exercise and good stress reducer. And it helps you get rid of your problems and pain.

By joegirl

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

This is excellent advice. Recently I researched the benefits of "mirthful laughter" for a nursing course. The other great benefit is it enhances the immune system. Also a study done on post heart attack patients showed that incorporating 30 minutes of laughter into each day, decreased the recurrence of heart attack substantially in these patients.

Life is to short to be miserable!

This is going to sound strange, but be careful with your laugher! I suffer from migraine headaches and I have been in situations where I laughed so long and hard, that I got a headache!

Health & Beauty Home RemediesNovember 1, 2004
Woman Applying Avocado Beauty Mask
Avocado Beauty Treatments
heat therapy pillow
Making a Heat Therapy Pillow
Screen shot of Village Naturals Therapy website.
Village Naturals Therapy Reviews
A person giving a dog a massage.
Name Ideas for a Dog Massage Business
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 4:52:20 AM on 10.0.1.242 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.