How to Make Knit Therapy Bags

Category Gifts
These quick to make bags were originally made to give as gift to friends who were looking for something to take their mind off smoking. Add some knitting needles and yarn and they can make more to gift to other friends. This is a page about how to make knit therapy bags.

Claire Bush

Several of my friends have recently quit smoking and wondered what to do with their hands when the urge to light up comes, so I began making "Knit Therapy Bags" to give to them.

I knit an 18 inch square of yarn, then folded the square up, envelope-style. Then I sewed the sides of the bag shut with ordinary needle and thread and added a trim of ribbon and an antique button, using a glue gun. (The bag in the picture has a handle made from twine with a lime-green drinking straw, snipped into pieces, tied along the top).

Inside the bags, I put a skein of yarn and knitting needles.

The bags are a tongue-in-cheek reminder that you don't have to follow a pattern or have a set of rules to enjoy crafting, and that even a "knitwit" can make a unique statement with their hands.

Crafts GiftsMay 22, 2017
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-to-Make-Knit-Therapy-Bags.html