Preventing a Rug From Slipping on the Floor

Hi. I have a matching set of throw rugs in my hallway, but one of them is really mean. Although it still has the rubber backing on it, every time I step on it, it slides and THROWS me. Does anyone have ideas for something I could attach to it to keep it from slipping?

From Cindy, slip-slidin' away in PA.

you can buy material at Home Depot or Lowes that you place under the rug that grabs it and keeps it from moving. It has sticky on it to keep rug from slipping

Put several stripes of bathrub caulking on the backside of the rug. It's rubbery enough to keep it from slipping and since it's made for the bathtub it's okay to wash it. A very inexpensive "fix".

Use your glue gun to make squiggles on the back of your throw rug. Let the glue dry thoroughly.

It worked great on my rugs!!

Maybe you could sew or glue on some of the rubber non slip stuff . It comes in rolls in many colors & also in some cut up sizes. We've gotten it in the $stores too & incidentally put a piece in your vegetable crisper & be Amazed at how much longer your produce stays fresh.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Carpets and RugsSeptember 14, 2004
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Rug on a kitchen floor.
Removing Rug Backing Stuck to a Floor
ornamental rug
Removing Rug Dye from Carpet
🎉
🎄