Decorating a Girl's Bedroom with a Nickle Headboard

What color goes well with nickel headboard? I am interested in suggestions for the walls and bedding. I am not good with colors. This is for a 9 year old girl.

By grandmax2 from San Jose, CA

I would use colors that she likes. I don't know any real life kids who choose to have a bedroom that looks like what you see on TV and in magazines. The kids I know want their favorite things hanging on the walls, not what decorators choose.

As mentioned above maybe ask her what her fav color or colors are and google ideas in that color theme. I am much older than 9 lol, but I love the color robins egg blue ;) but nay color you choose nowadays there is so much to choose from. One thing that I learned lately that is cute & I did it for my girls is, instead of going to a fancy girls store & pay $20.00 or more for a jewelry hanger at Walmart we bought a pretty small sized white belt hanger that resembles a key hanger/rack, so cute for like $5.00 it holds necklaces,scarves,bracelets etc. Good luck! Have fun. :)

A lavender purple bedroom would be pretty with the nickel as would gray, pink and soft yellow. Burgundy would look good too, but might be too dark for a young child's room.

Hello! I agree that either a darker lavender or robin's egg blue would both work wonderfully with the nickle plating. Like others have said, I also agree that it should be a color that the young girl likes. However, as the adult, you need to help narrow down the child's options.

I suggest going to a paint store (without the child) and find a helpful customer service person who could recommend five, six, or seven color paint chips that would work well with the nickle finish. Then, let the girl pick out her favorite color from the selected paint chips for the wall color.

After the wall color is chosen, repeat the process (going shopping without the girl) to find customer service reps that can help narrow down the options for bedding, curtains, rugs, etc. Then take the girl with you and talk to the same clerk (kids always believe a "pro" more than their folks) to show her all the best options to choose from.

This way, you retain some control over the final decor choice and the young girl gets to pick her preference within your limits! (It's YOUR house, afterall! LOL) It's a win-win situation for you and her both! Good luck.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating BeddingApril 5, 2011
13 year old gift ideas
Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dutch Girl Costume
Wood plank headboard.
Making a Headboard
Flower Girl Smiling in Front of Bride and Groom
Frugal Flower Girl Tips
🎄
🍂