Use Your CrockPot to Heat a Rice Pillow

I needed a way to heat up a rice bag I made for my sore neck. Alas, I don't use a microwave so my Hubby suggested using a crock pot to heat it up. Boy does that work great and you don't need to worry about burning the fabric or rice. True you need to plan ahead, maybe even use two crock pots. Just thought I would share this idea.

By Viki from Abbeville, AL

I use my rice bags too, I love them...great idea!

Does anybody else have a problem with the smell of rice bags? I REALLY don't like the smell but DO love the heat!

I made my rice bags... and put in a few cinnamon sticks and whole cloves. Smells yummy!

I think this idea is great! Especially if you are confined to bed and can't get to the microwave...you can have the crock pot right near you!

I love the smell of the rice!

But I think the next time I make a rice cozy I will add cinnamon or an essential oil.

I like the smell of those rice pillow when heated up, if I am hungry I have to eat something. I brought a couple of years ago at the fair. But I would like to know how to make my own.

In the winter, you can keep your rice bag on the radiator and it's ready whenever you need it. We used to do this at my yoga class...put it on the radiator as we walked into class & it was warm when the time came that they were needed...

Anita, Montclair, NJ

Woman With Body Aches
Home Remedies for Body Aches
Health & Beauty Home RemediesFebruary 9, 2009
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
A plate of cooked brown rice.
Cooking Brown Rice in a Rice Cooker
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
🎉
🎄