Buy Marked Down Pastries And Freeze Them

Tired of buying those expensive snacks for school? I try to do my shopping early in the morning because our local store has a display of doughnuts, muffins, etc., marked down. I buy these marked down items and place them in our freezer.

Once they are really frozen I put the items in a gallon size freezer bag and place them back in the freezer. On school mornings I pull the "snack" out, place it in a sandwich bag, and pack it for their snack time. By the time my children eat their snack, it is defrosted and yummy!

By Tanya from Winchester, TN

I AGREE WITH YOU 100% ON THIS . WE SHOP AT WALMART AND THEY HAVE A HUGE CART EVERY MORNING WITH 40% OFF ITEMS. I GO THERE TO GET MY MUFFINS,CUPCAKES, AND CAKES AT DISCOUNT. ANOTHER GREAT PLACE IS THE DAY OLD BREAD STORE. NOT ONLY DO THEY HAVE DAY OLD BREAD BUT PASTRY ITEMS TOO.

i do the same freezing idea with juice boxes for the grandkids both for there school lunches or when we go out to the park or picmics. by the time they are ready for the snacks after being hot and playing hard they are like slushes then and not need for ice in the coooler for the frozen boxes serve as ice. i also put in damp clothes or bandanas in the freezer for the same reason to reach and cool off with when hot. never heard of winchester tenn, wondering how far you are from greeneville tenn. great tip though on the pastries i'll have to do that as well, thanks

Most all Grocery stores Have this, usually falls on a monday around here, Meat section is one of my favorites, Gets marked down at least 50% I pretty much keep my two big freezers stocked full, Have thought of buying a third one, I am not a big meat eater, But I know alot of people who has kids that struggle sometimes to feed them, One day I filled my Van FULL and took it to a ladies house, Well turned out she wasn't home, Babysitter was there, We unloaded the food, babysitter freakin out, 11:00 that night I get a call from the oldest son, His mom was crying in the background, Kept sayings thank you over and over, No ones ever done anything like this for me before... anyways makes you feel like you did something worthwhile, I know what its like to struggle, Use to stock up on the pastries when reduced too, But for health reason we kinda stopped those, You can also if you know your way around it, Get trunk loads of bread for free, I use to do that too.

Variety of Baked Goods
Saving Money On Baked Goods
Food and Recipes Freezing Baked GoodsJune 19, 2008
Hot Tea
Cooling Down Hot Drinks
Cucumbers on ice.
Freezing Cucumbers
A stack of soft fluffy down pillows.
Cleaning A Down Pillow
Mango on white background with leaves.
Freezing Mangoes
🎄