Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

How do you get cat urine smell out of a carpet?

Debbie from Broken Bow, NE

Dampen paper towel w/white vinegar and wipe area of urine smell - you may want to do a hidden area first to make sure there is no discoloration.

The BEST odor remover is NOKOUT. You name the odor and it will remove it for good! http://www.nokout.com. It's the very best! It removes urine smell from carpet, carpet pad and wood floors. Even the unfinished wood floors in older homes. Donna from OK

In another request, some nice lady said to use douche rinse on the pet stain to get rid of the smell. I have never tried it myself, but it makes sense to me when you consider the normal use.

I had an old dog that pee'd all over. When I just washed it, it went away after it was dry. But on a humid day, the house reeked with the 'aroma'.

I washed the entire area with vinegar, (white, not cider), diluted with water, scrubbed it with a towel wet with the solution. The vinegar smell goes away after it dries, and never had the smell again in the house!

Vinegar is the best for all household cleaning. There is a site, just google 'cleaning with vinegar' and read it. It is 'going green' to the max.

February 17, 2009 Flag

How do I get cat urine smell out of my entire carpet?

Angie from Brookfield, MO

Answers:

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

White Vinegar, one part to two/three parts water and allow to dry. Sprinkle baking soda over the area for half an hour or more and vacuum. (02/07/2008)

By Lorelei

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

Remove the carpet. If it's all over it, you cannot get it out. It seeps down through the carpet pad and isn't removable. I suggest putting the cat outside and getting new floors. (02/08/2008)

By beth

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

If it is a small spot go to the pet store and get Natures Miracle and follow the instructions on the bottle. It works. (02/09/2008)

By Rasta

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

Our Vet recommended that I try DRY powdered Massengil douche to rid an area of Tom Cat smell. Believe it or not....it worked.

Sprinkle the DRY powdered product on the carpet. Sort of scrub it into the nap with a broom or brush. Let it sit overnight, or longer if the smell is really bad. Then vacuum it up (be sure to replace the bag in your vacuum when you finish). If necessary, pull the edge of the carpet up to put some on the carpet-pad.

I found this product at the Dollar General Store. It is not as available as the liquid douche products are. Do Not Use the Liquid, as it does not work. Must be something in the powdered product that does the job.
(02/10/2008)

By Barb in Tennessee

February 7, 2008 Flag

Does anyone know how to get the smell of cats urine out of carpets? The cat always goes back to the same place even after the spot has been washed. Repellents don't work!

miriam from france

Answers:

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

Try sprinkling some cayenne pepper spice on the spot- cats tend to avoid anything that has it on. (07/10/2006)

By tupperangel

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

Try white vinegar. It breaks down the enzymes in the urine. I spray some around the cat box to discourage my cat from going outside the box. I've also used it on the carpet when my dog was a puppy and had a few accidents. (07/11/2006)

By thriftyboo

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

I agree with the vinegar but I would try to get organic apple cider vinegar. That way you have the natural enzymes in the vinegar to break down the urine. Just the acid in vinegar helps a lot as cat urine is slightly oily. I don't know if you have borateem in France (powdered borax laundry additive and cleaner) but it works too. If your cat hasn't been fixed that might do the trick. Before we got our cat fixed she used to get in the clothes dryer or a just dried basket of clothes to urinate. Talk about maddening! Good luck (07/13/2006)

By CARLA BLEDSOE

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

Use the urine remover here to remove any staining and kill the smell!

http://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Urine_Remover.htm (07/13/2006)

By ben123

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

Cover the urine with tin foil that has been tapped in place, and place a cat box next to it. The cats hate the feel of the tin foil and just might get the idea to use the box again. We tried this and it worked until the cat got very old and just didn't care anymore. We found out then that she was terminally ill and brokenheartedly had to put her to sleep. Take your cat to the vet if she or he is urinating in an odd spot, out of character. (07/13/2006)

By Margie Minard

Cat Urine Smell on Carpet

We got this tip from a book and it worked for us. We used "Nature's Miracle (a LOT of it to completely saturate the area), and then covered the area with plastic for 48 hours. The reason for the plastic is to let the cleaner penetrate the surface before evaporating. The book also recommended a product from a website - www.88stink.com. (07/14/2006)

By Sarah6109

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetFebruary 17, 2009
A kitten sitting on a wood floor.
Cleaning Cat Urine Smell on Hardwood Floors
big cat in a car
Removing Cat Urine Smell From Car Interior
cat in a house
Getting Rid of Cat Urine Odors
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
🎄