Spend Time on Your Grocery List and Save Extra Trips

When getting ready to go grocery shopping I always need to make sure I have a list. We live 30 miles from Canon City, Co in the mountains and can't run to the store every time I need something.

I put a piece of notebook paper on the refrigerator and every time I run out or get close to running out I put it on the list. Two days before I go shopping I sit down and go over the list and put it in categories, such as meat, dairy, etc. I rewrite this on a new paper and then make my rounds about the house to check one more time to be sure I have everything. This was hard to get used to 10 years ago when we first moved here since we were 5 minutes away from the store then. Having this list has saved me from not having something I needed for a particular recipe I was going to make.

By RoseMary

Mother and Daughter Shopping at Supermarket
Shopping Tips and Tricks
Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingNovember 6, 2004
A woman typing in a credit card number for an online shopping purchase.
Online Shopping Tips
Shirts on Sale
Tips for Price Matching
Grocery List
Creating A Grocery List
A woman looking at her shopping list.
Organizing Your Grocery List
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 25, 2016 at 4:14:23 AM on in 951 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.