Organizer from CD Cases

contest winner icon

Recycle your old CD cases and make an organizer. We made a Father's Day organizer for my husband. I placed photos of the kids on each side and let them decorate their own page. We placed a poem on a blank side. You can use this organizer for many things. You can even place the cds back inside of the organizer. It would make a great Christmas gift for grandparents etc. We even made on for the teacher for Earth Day.

You need 5 empty CD cases and some hot glue. Start with one case on the bottom and glue each side one at a time. Be sure you can open the case cover as you glue it to the bottom. When you are done gluing, open each case and add decorative paper or photos etc.

By Wendy from Coopersburg, PA

Absolutely love this idea! Could also use this cube for holding silverware on a buffet table, as a candy or nut dish, or a multitude of other things. Just decorate each one appropriately for what it's being used for :-)

A thought for the silverware on the buffet table at Christmas is last years Christmas cards cut to fit :-) Decorating ideas are as endless as the usages :-) Thanks!

Absolutely loved the idea! Will recommend it as an arts and craft activity to the recreation department at the agency I work for. Thanks.

Now, that's a darn good idea! looks good too. :)

Cool, cool beans! Great idea, now that's original and oh so useful. Kudos to you!

That is so cute! I have some that I no longer need, and I am going to put family photos in the three sides everyone can see. Thanks!

This might be the best thing I ever learned on Thrifty Fun, but then again I have gotten some REALLY great ideas. This will be perfect for my daughter's Brownie troop and for presents for babysitters, grandparents, etc. etc.

Thanks so much

Love this I have so many cd cases I need to do something with :)

I put my car registration and insurance info into a CD case (remove all the CD info first). Then toss it into the glove box and it is easy to grab when needed.

Three large stacks of CD Jewel Cases.
Uses for CD Jewel Cases
Crafts Recycled CraftsNovember 11, 2008
CD Jewel Case Décor
CD Jewel Case Décor Ideas
DVD Media Case on White Background
Uses for DVD Media Cases
Uses for Contact Lens Cases, Green and white contact lens case.
Uses for Contact Lens Cases
CD Case Plant Display
Making a CD Case Plant Display
🎉
🎄