TipsHair Tips

Straightening Curly Hair

What can I do to get straight hair?

By Nirgee from Ghana

Best Answer

My curly hair has been the bane of my existence, especially the frizz. I recently bought a ceramic hair straightener called HerStyler and it is amazing. It straightens my hair very quickly and it lasts for days. Before, I would have a blow-out in the salon and it was curly within 30 minutes.

Best Answer

I am black female, I use a hot iron to straighten my hair, but I also use a chemical relaxer. I had a lot of new growth and have not been to beauty shop because of lack of funds.

So I just washed my hair with conditioner, let it air dry. I chose to let it air dry because I was off work for 2 days and had plenty of time. It take a whole day for my hair to air dry because it is long and thick.

I have been using a hot iron for the past 2 weeks, but you can also use those electric flat iron to straighten your hair. You can add a little setting lotion to make it last a little long. The electric flat iron does not get as hot as the hot iron, so it is a lot safer to use.

You may want to have your hair pressed. Try an ethnic beauty shop.

I have small wavy un-relaxed hair, after washing part hair into two ponytails then apply medium amounts (nickel size or more, your choice) to palms of hand, then to your hair. Brush hair with a stiff brush to straighten and pull into a ponytail, add a thick cloth rubber band and two strand twist each pony tail, and let it air dry. It will be sorta strait and all you have to do is let down and wear wavy or curl with curlers if you like.