Front Yard Perennials

We removed the turf from the postage stamps size areas of our lawn next to the house, and put in lots of stone and ground covers. Over the last few years, we have added many perennials along the odd wind chime and bubbler fountain. People driving by almost always look at our yard, especially in the summertime.

Front Yard Perennials

Looks so nice! you inspire me. I bought my house two years ago, no landscaping, and I feel inadequate for the task, but I can do postage stamp spaces one at a time!

I so much envy you. I just moved into a rental duplex that has a fairly large back yard. No shrubs, plants, or trees of any kind and I've trying to figure out what to do with it because I don't plan on moving for a long, long time. I want shade out there but if I plant a tree I'll be dead by the time it's large enough. LOL I'm 67. Does anyone have any other ideas? I'll plant some flowers but there are a lot of things that are poisonous to my puppy.

oh those flowers are sooo pretty, made me realize that "yes" this WInter isn't going to last forever..we're under a winter storm watch and suppose to get 6-8 inches of snow ,,here in Indiana..what a "bright " spot in my day you have made..thanks for sharing..

beauty in living..:))))))

To TRXBetty, Re; Your rental duplex sounds like a nice place in the backyard to put a gazebo or umbrellas and chairs for shade to drink lemonade under, maybe place some stepping stones going to the gazebo,; plant some climbing roses on a fence or arbor, mints like chocolate mint, spearmint, and other herbs and plants or shrubs that are safe for your puppy, a birdbath, a butterfly bath and water dish for your puppy, there are many varieties of plants for your area that you'd enjoy I think, we are never too old to enjoy living a little and besides you are still a spring chicken at 67, so plot and plan your way to a nice backyard retreat - do it a little at a time, you still have many years left to enjoy it I suspect.

deadheading lilies.
Growing Perennials
Photos GardenJanuary 30, 2008
Front Loading Washer
Dyeing Clothing in a Front Loading Washer
Front Loading Washer
Using a Front Loading Washer
Two echinacea flowers
Dividing Perennials
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard