AutoCleaning

Mold and Mildew In Vehicle Seat

I need help getting rid of mold and mildew from the foam rubber in the seat of a truck. I have tried ammonia water, sunshine, and Febreze. I can't drive truck, the smell makes us sick.

Judi

Full-strength Chlorox will kill mold and mildew; however, I can't think of any way that you can apply it to the seats without ruining the cover. I suspect you'd be better off just ripping the seats out and having them replaced.

In Canada we have a product called Roundup which is a non selective herbicide. Mold is an organic item. Roundup will kill the mold

Hi Judy,

Try spraying White Vinegar on the mold. Leave it for a number of minutes, then use a soft brush to loosen up the mold and mildew. Rub the entire area briskly and leave the windows open for an hour or two... the vinegar smell will quickly clear up. I have used this successfully on velour car seats and it worked well.

Regards,

Robert.

I have a Ford Taurus that I "inherited" and I believe the velor seats have some kind of blackish mold growing in them. Riding in the car makes my throat hurt and my eyes itch. We disconnected the A/C because it was leaking coolant into the passenger's compartment. I tried vinegar and it didn't work, and I sure as hell am not going to use Roundup on the seats that I sit on. (Sheesh) Any other thoughts???