Window Hardware for Roman Shades

I want to hang Roman shades on four windows. The sewing of the shades is the easy part. I need to find the hardware that rolls the shades up and down. Does anyone have any suggestions where I can locate the hardware for Roman shades?

Thanks,
Tony

I made Roman shades for my home. I used the instructions from a free leaflet found in the drapery hardware area of a craft store. I used white cotton twine for the string. Attached to the top of the window casing is a board, something like a 1x2 will work, the width of your window. I used matching fabric between the board and the window, draping over to hang in front. Place eyehooks in the board to catch the twine. My shades have 3 strings up the back, so I needed 4 eyehooks. 3 in line with the strings, and one to the far right. The twine from the left will go straight up the shade, through the eye hook to the left, and through all the other eyehooks. The center one will go through the center hook and the two to the right, and the string on the right side of the shade will go up, through that eye hook, and through the one on the right. Now you have all the strings together. Put a cleat on the window frame or the wall, placed high enough to keep strings out of reach of toddlers. Tie a knot in the strings to keep them pulling together. Put a decorative knob or bead at the end. When you pull the shades up, wrap the strings around the cleat to hold. (A cleat fastens at the center, and has a prong at the top and bottom. The prongs curve away from the wall. I found clear plastic ones.)

go to www.windowblindsparts.com click on roman shades. you will find the roller for the strings, the lock for all the strings, and the little cover that goes on the end of the strings. hope this helped.

Vist http://www.draperysewingsupplies.com

You'll find all of your roman shade supplies and hardware there.

Also try BlindSaver, they've got a whole section of Roman shade parts, plus some tutorials.

http://www.blindsaveratx.com

This site has a large selection Of Roman Shade Parts

http://www.blindsparts.com

HELP! I'm trying to install a pair of Roman Shades that my wife bought at a yard sale. I'm mounting them on the outside of our window frame, side by side. I have two Roman shades but only one pair of mounting brackets. The instructions that came with the shades have a picture of the brackets so I scanned it in and attached it to this post. This is what they look like. I need one pair of brackets like these.

The instructions that came with the shades have 'Woolrich Fabric Roman Shades' at the top if this helps any.

Please email responses to "steve(dot)broome(at)gmail(dot)com"

Installing Roman Shades
Finding Window Hardware for Roman Shades
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Window TreatmentsAugust 29, 2005
Fabric Window Blinds
Cleaning Fabric Window Blinds
Skylight light with mini blinds.
Adding Shades to a Skylight
Roman Blinds
Changing the Color of Roman Blinds
🎉
🎄