Texas Peach Cobbler

• 1/2 cup butter or margarine
  • 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 cups sliced peaches
  • 2 cups sugar, divided
  • Ad
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 3/4 cup milk (2% is ok)

Melt butter in a 2-quart baking dish. Combine 1 cup sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add milk, and stir until mixed. Pour batter over butter in baking dish, but do not stir. Combine peaches, and the remaining sugar, and spoon over batter. but do not stir. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour.

By Connie from Oden, Arkansas

Please, I am wanting to know if someone would tell me the details of how to dress up the top of peach cobbler? The kind of topping where the dough stands up longways in the dish/pan.

I saw it at a church lunch and wonder is the trick in refrigerating the dough or making the dough stiffer (less moisture)to get it to stand up in a design. I have been looking on the Internet and so far found nothing like what I saw. This holds it's form and does not dissolve away into the cobbler. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts CobblersMarch 26, 2007
Square of peach cobbler on a plate with whipped cream on the side.
Peach Cobbler Recipes
Bowl of berry cobbler with fresh raspberries and blackberries on top.
Raspberry Cobbler Recipes
Someone peeling a a peach.
Peeling Peaches
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits