Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Stains from Polyester and Spandex Top

I bought a top a while ago from the dance department of my school and never considered wearing it until recently, which is when I discovered that there were these mysterious yellowish stains on it. I have no idea what they are from and I've tried the "Tide-To-Go" pen on them and it hasn't done anything.

The fabric is 92% polyester and 8% spandex and according to the tag symbols, it should be handwashed, not bleached, and hung dry only. Any tips on how to get rid of the stains or is it a lost cause?

By Megan from Las Vegas, NV

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Margaret Grant [1]08/05/2010

Why dont you dye it? if you cant get it back to pure white think of a colour you really love and buy a dye they are not expensive, and your friends will think you've got a brand new top!
Good luck on which ever way you go with it,

Margaret.x

By Crystal08/05/2010

Don't give up yet. What about setting it out in the sun? Maybe spritzing it with lemon juice and sitting it out on a hot day in direct sunlight? Or possibly soak it in oxiclean?

By Grandma J [46]08/04/2010

This is where using oxi clean is great!