Removing Stains from Polyester and Spandex Top

I bought a top a while ago from the dance department of my school and never considered wearing it until recently, which is when I discovered that there were these mysterious yellowish stains on it. I have no idea what they are from and I've tried the "Tide-To-Go" pen on them and it hasn't done anything.

The fabric is 92% polyester and 8% spandex and according to the tag symbols, it should be handwashed, not bleached, and hung dry only. Any tips on how to get rid of the stains or is it a lost cause?

By Megan from Las Vegas, NV

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

This is where using oxi clean is great!

Don't give up yet. What about setting it out in the sun? Maybe spritzing it with lemon juice and sitting it out on a hot day in direct sunlight? Or possibly soak it in oxiclean?

Why dont you dye it? if you cant get it back to pure white think of a colour you really love and buy a dye they are not expensive, and your friends will think you've got a brand new top!

Good luck on which ever way you go with it,

Margaret.x

Answer

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJuly 30, 2010
Polyester Fabric
Dyeing Polyester
A woman ironing clothing.
Ironing Polyester Clothing and Fabric
Ironing Polyester
Removing Shiny Iron Marks on Polyester Clothing
Polyester Fabric Squares
Making a Rug from Polyester Fabric Squares
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 26, 2016 at 10:01:09 PM on 10.0.0.97 in 836 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.