Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Deodorant Makes My Underarms Itchy

I seem to have a reaction to antiperspirant deodorants. My underarms gets so itchy. What is a person to do? Is there something that won't cause this reaction?

Debbie52 from IL

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By condi01/12/2011

I have had occasional trouble even tho I had been using Crystal deodorant for years. When it happened shortly after taking a shower one evening and not having used anything under my arms, it got me thinking. All I had used under my arms was soap and water. Then I realized it was probably the soap and not the deodorants. Must be reacting with sweat. Now I make sure I rinse my underarms thoroughly. No problems since. Hopefully it will continue to work and hopefully it will work for you.

By Jonathan07/25/2010

If you use a body wash that might be the cause. I use to use body wash when showering and it made my underarms itch and then irritated them. They sell some antibiotic cream at the dollar store and it will get rid of the itch and keep out infection. Use it for about a week and that should get rid of it.

By Don06/08/2010

I have the same problem. I have switched deodorants several times and still my underarms get extremely irritated to the point where i have to wash it off. I'm thinking of trying an all natural, fragrance free, it cant hurt.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Deodorant Makes My Underarms Itchy