Browsing: Deodorant Makes My Underarms Itchy

Deodorant Makes My Underarms Itchy

I seem to have a reaction to antiperspirant deodorants. My underarms gets so itchy. What is a person to do? Is there something that won't cause this reaction?

Debbie52 from IL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

I have had occasional trouble even tho I had been using Crystal deodorant for years. When it happened shortly after taking a shower one evening and not having used anything under my arms, it got me thinking. All I had used under my arms was soap and water. Then I realized it was probably the soap and not the deodorants. Must be reacting with sweat. Now I make sure I rinse my underarms thoroughly. No problems since. Hopefully it will continue to work and hopefully it will work for you.

I have the same problem. I have switched deodorants several times and still my underarms get extremely irritated to the point where i have to wash it off. I'm thinking of trying an all natural, fragrance free, it cant hurt.

If you use a body wash that might be the cause. I use to use body wash when showering and it made my underarms itch and then irritated them. They sell some antibiotic cream at the dollar store and it will get rid of the itch and keep out infection. Use it for about a week and that should get rid of it.

I discovered decades ago that I have a topical allergy to any skin product containing alcohol. I wasn't able to find a deodorant product which was alcohol free. There are soaps which are and I found one which I like.

I use baby soap/shampoo. My skin and scalp don't itch any more. Store brand is fine and much less expensive. As long as I don't miss a day in the shower I am doing fine without the deodorants. I don't know if they still make it but Ban Roll On is or was good and it didn't cause the maddening rash.

Woman in tank top applying deodorant
Deodorant Makes My Underarms Itchy
Health & Beauty Beauty AdviceFebruary 21, 2006
Dog With Itchy Ears
Remedies for a Dog With Itchy Ears
A woman putting on deodorant.
Deodorant Reviews
Man Using Deodorant
Using Deodorant
Deodorant Stains
Removing Deodorant Stains From a Sweater
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 9:15:22 PM on 10.0.2.204 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.