Use Landscape Fabric for Interfacing

Interfacing can be expensive, but I have found that landscape fabric is the same thing as sew-on, black, light weight interfacing. It comes in different thickness', too. Landscape fabric is made to keep weeds from growing through your garden. It's made to withstand water, weeds, and 4 or more years of everything the environment can throw at it! Plus it is only $3.99 for a 3 x 50 foot roll. On the west coast, I buy mine at Big Lots, which is a discount, liquidation store. They sell their own brand. So if you're gardening, save some of your landscape cloth, and put it in your sewing box!

By Cyinda near Seattle, WA

What a wonderful money saving tip for us sewers. Funny, I have thought to myself that it looks like interfacing but never thought to use it! Thanks for sharing that! My sis is a sewer too and will appreciate the tip.

What a clever idea. Good old Big Lots.

Sewing Supplies on Pattern
Saving Money on Sewing Supplies
Crafts SewingDecember 27, 2007
Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
shelf of interfacing
Using Interfacing