Browsing: Using Interfacing

Use Landscape Fabric for Interfacing

Interfacing can be expensive, but I have found that landscape fabric is the same thing as sew-on, black, light weight interfacing. It comes in different thickness', too. Landscape fabric is made to keep weeds from growing through your garden. It's made to withstand water, weeds, and 4 or more years of everything the environment can throw at it! Plus it is only $3.99 for a 3 x 50 foot roll. On the west coast, I buy mine at Big Lots, which is a discount, liquidation store. They sell their own brand. So if you're gardening, save some of your landscape cloth, and put it in your sewing box!

By Cyinda near Seattle, WA

What a wonderful money saving tip for us sewers. Funny, I have thought to myself that it looks like interfacing but never thought to use it! Thanks for sharing that! My sis is a sewer too and will appreciate the tip.

What a clever idea. Good old Big Lots.