Where Can I Buy Inexpensive Muslin Fabric?

Where can I find cheap muslin?

By Shirley from Petoskey, MI

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By mcw 80 1,754 02/19/2011

Been there and done that. I searched all over the internet for cheap muslin and knew it would be a lost cause since it would have cost me to have it shipped.

I ended up buying a whole bolt of muslin at one of the old Walmart Stores that still has the fabric and craft department. I think I paid about $1.86 per yard. It was less than $2 a yard.

If you don't have one of the older Walmart Stores in your area, look into buying muslin at Joann Fabrics. Wait for a sale and buy the whole bolt, it will last you a long time.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Phyllis Smith 2 47 02/24/2011

If you have an IKEA store nearby, they were selling plain white bedsheets (twin size) for 1.99. I needed a bunch to make a muslin insert for a product I am developing and I bought several. It is fairly lightweight so you might want to check it out.

I hope that helps.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Eileen M. 56 240 02/28/2011

If you are on the Joann mailing list, you will occasionally get a 50% off "one cut" of fabric, so if you buy the bolt, it is one cut. Not terribly expensive to begin with, but this makes it really affordable!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No