Where Can I Buy Inexpensive Muslin Fabric?

Where can I find cheap muslin?

By Shirley from Petoskey, MI

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Been there and done that. I searched all over the internet for cheap muslin and knew it would be a lost cause since it would have cost me to have it shipped.

I ended up buying a whole bolt of muslin at one of the old Walmart Stores that still has the fabric and craft department. I think I paid about $1.86 per yard. It was less than $2 a yard.

If you don't have one of the older Walmart Stores in your area, look into buying muslin at Joann Fabrics. Wait for a sale and buy the whole bolt, it will last you a long time.

If you have an IKEA store nearby, they were selling plain white bedsheets (twin size) for 1.99. I needed a bunch to make a muslin insert for a product I am developing and I bought several. It is fairly lightweight so you might want to check it out.

I hope that helps.

If you are on the Joann mailing list, you will occasionally get a 50% off "one cut" of fabric, so if you buy the bolt, it is one cut. Not terribly expensive to begin with, but this makes it really affordable!

Answer

Consumer Advice Product FinderFebruary 19, 2011
Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Fabric Covered Card
Making Fabric Covered Cards
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 12, 2016 at 8:59:39 PM on 10.0.2.192 in 640 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.