Scrappy Funky Doll
September 13, 2020
This doll is made from scraps of muslin, fabric, and felt.
Total Time: 45 minutes
- scraps of muslin
- scraps of felt
- scraps of fabric
- embroidery floss
- Using the doll pattern, cut out the muslin fabric scraps for the face and arms. (Cut four arms.) Then cut out back of the head and front hair from felt scraps and then cut legs (cut four) and dress (cut two) using coordinating fabric scraps. Placing the face pattern underneath the muslin face fabric, trace lightly with a pencil and embroider.
- Pin and sew the hair to the face front.
- Sew the face to the dress, right sides together and sew the back of head to back side of dress piece, right sides together. Sew buttons to the front of the dress.
- Pin and sew the four arm and four leg pieces together. Turn and stuff each arm and leg.
- Pin and hand baste the arms to the right side of dress. With right sides together, pin the doll front to back and sew, leaving an opening at the bottom of the dress, catching the arms into the seams. Turn right side out.
- Pin and baste the legs to the bottom of the dress where there is an opening. Stuff the head and body. Hand sew the bottom opening closed.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.