Growing Herbs

I would like to know how to grow herbs, and how and when are they ready to use.

By huguette from FL

Answers

I'm in FL too. Are you wanting to grow them from seed or starter plants from a store? I always buy mine at Publix ($2 a plant is the cheapest I've found, (even cheaper than Walmart or HomeDepot.) You can start using them immediately. And the more you use the better. (I tried to grow cilantro from seed without success, so I just stick with buying the plants.) I put mint in my water or tea. I use basil, oregano in my cooking. I also grow catnip and my cat thinks it's wonderful. Just chews it right up. Be sure to repot regularly. The roots seem to grow very fast, especially basil. And don't let them get fried in the FL sun, most like shady, dappled light outside. Have fun!