Cleaning Silk Flowers

I reminded myself of this tip today when I was sprucing up my bathroom. I found it years ago on the internet, don't remember where. If you have silk flowers that have gotten a bit dusty, you can put them in a bag with a handful or two of cornmeal, and shake the closed bag around for a bit. When you remove the flowers, the dust will be gone. Any residue left from the cornmeal is pretty easy to remove.

By wendiesioux from Edwardsport, IN

I have heard that salt in a bag cleans silk flowers too.

I've had good luck with rinsing them under the faucet, shaking the water off, and hanging them to dry above the laundry tub.

Silk flowers.
Cleaning Silk Flowers, Swags and Wreaths
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousApril 15, 2010
Golden silk fabric
Cleaning Silk
Silk Wedding Flowers
Silk Flower Wedding Centerpieces
silk flowers in a glass vase
Coloring Silk Flowers
Making Silk Flower Angels
Making Silk Flower Angels