Recycled Jewelry Organizer

Use a hunk of Styrofoam packing from one of your technology purchases and a fabric scrap to make this organizer to hang all your baubles. I hung one in the bathroom for my 16-year-old to get some of the mess off the sinktop. I also made a small one for my other daughter's dorm room. You could also use it for photos, mementos, notes, or seasonal items just for decoration.

Fabric covered Styrofoam jewelry organizer.

Approximate Time 1 hour or less

Instructions

1. Cut fabric to fit foam, leaving about one-inch excess all around.
  2. Wrap foam just like a gift and glue in place. (If using hot glue, be sure to glue fabric to fabric, so you don't melt your project!)
  3. Add lace or rickrack, etc. to edge of foam, if desired.
  4. Attach length of ribbon to hang, using pins.
  5. Attach jewelry with pins.

By Cindy from Waynesburg, PA

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Thanks for the good idea.

You just helped solve a problem for me, thanks!

Cindy, this is a really good idea, and timely for some of us who need to get organized after the holidays. And I like the pink fabric you used in the photo. Very decorative.

Cindy,

This is such a clever idea! I'm going to make one. Betty

That's funny! I just made one of these 2 weeks ago, as a gift for my daughter for Christmas! I used 2 pieces (back to back) of "Foam Core Board" from the dollar store & made a sort of "pillow case" from fabric to surround it, the pillow case can be removed for washing. It's light as a feather, so I only used 2 pins to hold a piece of yarn across the back to hang it from. (but if you're hanging heavy jewelry, you may need to poke holes through the styrofoam & tie a piece of ribbon through these holes for added strength)

---> It's a BULLETIN BOARD: Made because my daughter likes to tape "eyes" from fashion magazines to her bathroom wall as samples of how to do her eye make up. Now she has this hung in her bathroom. It's better than taping things to the wall ... & it can also be used as a place to store earrings & jewelry as you showed.

OR: Hang one in the sewing or craft room! I like to cut pictures from junk-mail catalogs. Ideas of outfits I want to sew or jewelry I'd like to make. Mine is made from a huge piece of styrofoam insulation (thicker "foam-core" styrofoam) from Home Depot. I've used magnet-backed clips to attach it to the back of my metal door.

* I guarantee one thing: If you make one of these, you'll get lots of use from it! No matter WHAT you decide to use it for!

I love this idea, I'm going to use this and make a small bulletin board for my kitchen, and one for over my desk.

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

What a clever idea! I am going to try this as some of my bead type necklaces don't fit in my jewelry box.

Brilliant! Thanks Cindy!

Comment

Homemade Jewelry Organizer
Homemade Jewelry Organizer
Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherJanuary 3, 2008
Sofa Organizer
Making a Sofa Organizer
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper
Old Jewelry in Box
Recycled Jewelry Craft Ideas
Cleaning Jewelry
Cleaning Jewelry
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 21, 2016 at 2:05:34 PM on 10.0.2.248 in 587 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.